Challenging Innovation Trends in Asian Retail
COUNTRY: SWITZERLAND / CHINA
The main focus on his current activities: strategic change and innovation management, combining digital disruption and improved customer experience. He had a chance to combine during his professional life business activites within a family business, with teaching activities at universities.
His interdisciplinary education, including business ethics, enabled him to look at human perspectives in groups, companies and economies in context of globalisation. As most industries are somewhat „uberized“ it is important to see how much all of them are now competing on digitally infused customer experiences pushing the center of gravity of a company downstream into the re-tail arena.
Considering DIY as „Develop intensively yourself“ leading to the transformation of both customers and companies it seems this happens faster in Asia than in the rest of the world.
- Master and Diploma degrees from: INSEAD, LSE, Uni Augburg and Hochschule for Philosophy SJ., Munich
- Entrepreneur (3 companies founded, e.g. first German sporting goods mail order company )
- Corporate consultant at HQ level Siemens,
- Agency director Heinz Heimann communication agency, Geneva,
- Senior consultant Creative Business, Geneva (Louis Vuitton, Aigner, Mandarin Oriental Hotel)
- Account director, Landor Associates, London (Airlines, GE, ABN, toom retail)
Mr Wirtz is in China since 1980.