Workshop 3 – Offline or Online, be Relevant and Visible Thanks to GS1
The key to the digital world
- The GS1 barcode can be found on nearly every retail product
- 5 billion product identification scans are performed each day around the world
- The barcode is one example of how GS1 standards and solutions are paving the way to the digital, globalised world
In regards to the content, the workshop will aim at helping participants understand how to optimize their complete supply chain and use GS1 standard technologies to enter new markets. Participants will EXPLORE the world of GS1 standards and will DISCOVER how business processes can become more efficient and sustainable with GS1 standards. They will also UNCOVER success stories from businesses around the world and LEARN how the power of standards is transforming the way we work and live. GS1 invites you to an interactive session where the world of standards will make sense to your business!
14:00 – 14:15 Short Introduction round
14:15 – 14.45 The keys to the digital world – GS1 global standards for article, location, logistic and data management
14:45 – 16:00 Success stories from retailer and supplier
16:00 – 16:15 Short Break
16:15 – 16:45 Workshop Activity & Discussion with the participants. How can I use GS1 standards in my company and industry?
16:45 – 17:00 Key Takeaways: How to use GS1 Standards to your advantage?
- To understand and use the performance package for a quick start with the GS1 system and for optimal usage of GS1 standards
- To get an overview of the complete tool kit of GS1 standards: Identification, labelling, communication, process design
- To see how can I work without borders with a global communication system for all partners of the value chain
- Learn how can I use GS1 standards for my own business
- To get thought provoking impulses for the own company
- To see solutions from other DIY market player
- Every participant has the opportunity to participate in a free webinar of his GS1 Member Organization “Introduction to the World of Standards”
- The complete set of slides can be downloaded after the workshop for free and be used in your company